CAPS (Civilian Adult Protective System) is a new respiratory protection concept developed by the Israeli MOD. Designed for civil defense use, the system provides reliable high protection factor against all known NBC hazards regardless of facial structure and donning skill.
CAPS is composed of a light, flexible and impermeable hood sealed around the neck using a silicone neck dam.
The system includes a blower system which improves the protection factor and the physiological comfort.
Hood • Hood material - 4 layered plastic laminate.
• Impermeable and chemical-resistant.
• Large size, providing a wide field of vision and greater comfort.
• Made of high-impact resistant optical grade polycarbonate.
• Specially coated for scratch resistance.
• The outlet valve housing and the threaded canister housing (40mm x 1/7”) are integral parts of the visor.
Silicone Neck Dam Specially formulated and highly elastic, providing an effective, yet comfortable seal.
Integral Silicone Nose-Cup
Comfortable nose-cup with controlled air-flow to eliminate internal fogging.
Rigid polypropylene support ensures firm positioning of the nose-cup on the users face.
Straps 2 Diagonal elastic straps, tightened by quick release buckles, ensure good sealing of the nose-cup.
• Draw ambient air through NBC filter canister, providing 45 liters/min. of filtered air and creating overpressure.
• Durable and compact.
• Powered by 4 lithium MnO2 2/3A size batteries, providing at least 25 hours of uninterrupted operation.
• Waist belt for blower mounting
• For safe, effortless fluid intake in contaminated environment.
Fit and compatibility
• Two sizes.
• Allows use of regular optical eyeglasses without interference.
• Can be worn by bearded men.