Shalon has designed and developed a versatile range of collective NBC filtration systems providing complete protection to occupants of communal shelters from all known NBC agents. All systems are produced to meet Israeli civil defence specifications.
The complete purification system is comprised of the following major components:
• Pre-filter: A washable and easily replaced synthetic foam for removing coarse dust particles.
• Blast valve: Protects against shock waves from nuclear or conventional detonations.
• NBC gas-particulate filter: Filters out all NBC agents in the form of vapours and aerosols.
• Fan Unit: Draws in air, and delivers it through the system and into the shelter. The fan has an electric motor but is also adapted for manual operation by one person.
• Flowmeter: Measures the air flow and permits its adjustment to the required level.
• Overpressure valve: Regulates the overpressure in the shelter to maintain a clean atmosphere.